Sunday, March 7, 2010

what we did in class 3/7/10

In class we have been learning about co-dominant and incomplete dominant alleles. If I could go back in time i would tell myself that co - dominant alleles are alleles that have more than one dominant gene. Also that if you have two co - dominant genes part of the thing the is for will be one gene and the other part of it will be the other. Where as incomplete dominance is a mix where say if you have a white flower and a red flower they will make a pink flower.

This week I had a little trouble with those concepts until we finished making our bugs. As we were doing that I saw that my bug was co-dominant for its green and brown color so it would not be a green- brown color but half green and half brown. Also that even though my antennae was feathered, others could be round or round and feathered which was a combination of the two. Since it said that the antennae were incomplete dominant and I knew that some of them could be a mix of each other that’s when I really started to get the concept of the two.


Incomplete Dominance:
(Picture)
http://www.bio.miami.edu/~cmallery/150/mendel/c14x9incomplete-dominance2.jpg

Co-Dominance:
(Picture)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Co-dominance_Rhododendron.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment